I think the years seem to be getting shorter and shorter, or time goes by faster and faster, or…. maybe I’m getting older and continually being pushed into adulthood. Either way, I can’t believe that 2015 is ending in a weeks time… and we’re going into 2016! This past year, as well as 2014, has been a whirlwind of CRAZY, and filled with lots of traveling (:
JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT, HARHARHAR. Here’s a small recap of what my 2015 has looked like (in no particular order). Please excuse the lack of pictures *insert crying emoji*, I lost a lot of my information/photos when my last hard drive crashed on me!
- Traveled, A LOT!
- Throughout Spain
- Started working as a Copy Writer, and was being paid for my writing and blogging!
- Met the boyfriend (ah, y’all knew that the love life had to be mentioned in there, somewhere)
- Applied, was accepted, and am now on my second year in Spain
- My mom and youngest sister came to visit me, and we were able to take a girls trip around Barcelona, Rome, and Florence!
- Hosted two of my favorite English students back home in the states
- The boyfriend and ex-roommate came over and visited me before I moved back
- Joined the Rising Tide Society!!
- Moved back to Spain, and started working at a primary school and an institute
- Lost my Great Uncle
- Moved IN with the boyfriend (I know, we’re crazy…)
- Turned 23 in March!
- WENT BLONDE, and then thankfully switched back to dark hair
- Home for the holidays!!
- TOOK MY BLOG MORE SERIOUSLY
- Photoshoot with Laura Quintero Photography
- IMPROVED MY SPANISH (heck yeaaah)
This past year has provided me with a changing outlook, new goals that I’ve been able to achieve, and a humbling experience. I’m pushing myself (almost everyday, minus those lazy Sundays hehe) to get out of my comfort zone, become a bit more assertive, voice my opinion, and to build a lifestyle that provides for me financially and creatively!
I’m coming into 2016 with a bigger heart and more open mindset! I’ve chosen my one word for the new year, which is intention. I’ve realized that I always say “yes” to things that I don’t necessarily want to do, agree to things that I don’t necessarily agree with, and sometimes “go with the flow” to not upset people. I want to add more intention in my life; with people, situations, and my actions. Besides just agreeing with certain things, following the crowd, and ultimately not having meaning behind my actions; I am choosing to live a more intentional lifestyle to reach my goals!