Hey y’all!! Wow, it’s been a month since I’ve blogged on here. The past month of March has been a whirlwind of work and traveling and celebrating my ~Birthday Month~, and now your girl is now 24 years old! To be honest, I felt like I needed a break from blogging and trying to post something new every Tuesday. I was getting restless with my blog, with my personal life in Spain, with my job, and thinking about what I wanted to do in the future when my visa expires in May. It’s already April, so I’ve got two more months to decide what I’m doing, where I’m going, and to find a “real job” according to everyone else.
I’ve been working behind the scenes, a lot, on the direction of this blog and a lot of side projects with the boyfriend. Speaking of behind the scenes, you may have noticed a fresh new look! I finally invested in a brand new layout that I am absolutely in love with. Although I did like my old layout, I felt like I needed something cleaner, more organized, and something fresh. This layout is EXACTLY what I was looking for, for the direction of my blog! You may have also noticed a new look for “The Quirky Pineapple”, other than the layout. I’ve got a new logo!! My very talented friend, Nikita Iszard, took all of my crazy and incohesive ideas for my logo and brand, and completely nailed it! The new logo for The Quirky Pineapple represents my quirky personality, the messiness that I love, but also organization, color, and uniqueness. I am absolutely enamoured with the logo and the pineapple is amazing! Niki did a wonderful job using her own watercolor paintings and her personalized font!
If you’re interested in looking for a new logo, I absolutely recommend her! She took all of my crazy and general ideas and really honed in on the feel of my blog and my personality to create something that completely represents this brand!
Here’s a quick recap of March for y’all:
- I held my first Instagram giveaway and sent out two, personalized packages to the winners! (If you’re interested in seeing the submissions, check out the hashtag: #TQPineapple or #TheQuirkyPineapple on Instagram)
- Celebrated my birthday with a barbecue and small party that included moustaches
- Worked on articles for the blog
- Created new videos for my Youtube Channel
- Am now a contributing writer for the TREND blog (which launches TOMORROW!!)
- Had 11 days of travel with the boyfriend, where we drove from the Mediterranean Coast to the Atlantic Coast!
- Working diligently with the boyfriend on our joint project!! Hopefully we’ll be able to launch it soon!!
And of course, some April goals!!
- More changes!!
- Set up an email list for The Quirky Pineapple
- Start on the new blog series featuring International Couples! (I’ve got some great love stories to feature, that y’all will definitely want to read!)
- Start and STICK to Yoga! (I am currently doing a 30 Day Yoga Camp with Adrienne, which I started a few weeks ago… but I’m only on day 2, oops…)
- Work on new blog posts for Huffington Post (if you haven’t seen my most recent post that was published by them, click here!)
- Finish the joint project with the boyfriend and LAUNCH!
I will be home in the Washington, D.C./Virginia area this summer, starting mid-June and would love to meet with any creatives in the area to collaborate or work together! So, any of y’all bloggers, makers, beauticians, photographers, etc. that are interested in working together, contact me!
Thanks y’all for being so patient while I’ve been working hard on this end to make this blog better for you! (: Sending y’all some love and safe travels!! And if you haven’t watched my latest video on Youtube about the boyfriend and I’s road trip through Andalucía, check it out!