Coaches, mentors, and consultants…
All of these things have something in common – they are here to give you the support and accountability you need to reach the next level in your business and/or brand.
We’ve seen there are two different types of masterminds:
- A peer-to-peer mastermind that you can create with your colleagues, business besties, or other business owners who are in the same niche/industry as you
- A mastermind led by a coach, mentor, or consultant, who is teaching, sharing, and supporting you in your business growth
Both are FANTASTIC ways to meet different people (read: networking), learn from others, exchange ideas, and accelerate your growth.
In this post, we’re going to share when you know it’s time to invest in a marketing mastermind group.
Marketing Mastermind Groups
Marketing and Business Mastermind groups can focus on an array of subjects that can align with your core values, business values, interests, or goals for the next quarters.
Some masterminds we’ve seen are:
- Spiritual entrepreneurship masterminds
- Masterminds focused on scaling
- Masterminds with more than 50 members
- Intimate masterminds with 10-15 members at a time
Our Use Your Voice Mastermind is focused on branding and marketing strategies, for mission-driven business owners who want to market ethically. We only accept up to 10 members at a time to keep the group intimate and manageable for our members!
A few ways to determine the best mastermind for you is to think about:
- Do you align with the person who is running the mastermind?
- Are the results their clients are receiving aligned with your own business goals?
- What is your main focus and where do you need the most support in your business right now?
- What is the mastermind schedule?
- Is the coach/mentor actively educating themselves on anti-racist and equitable practices in business and marketing strategies?
After you’ve done that, you can figure out when it’s time to invest in a mastermind! We’ve listed out a few reasons where our clients (and our Founder, Cassandra) realized that investing in a mastermind was the next step.
You aren’t sure how to reach the next level
It’s normal in business to want to slow down, not focus so heavily on growth, and take time to build out the foundations and systems to support your future growth.
What is a sign that it’s time to invest in a mastermind group, however, is when you’re starting to feel stagnant and stuck where you are. You’re trying ‘all the things’ but it’s still unclear how to reach the next level in your business. THIS is a sign it’s time to invest in a mastermind group with a coach that can help you see operations in your business with a different perspective.
It’s normal to want to go head on to the next level in your business but not have a clue where to start, what to do next, and how to do it sustainably. A mastermind is a great way to learn from someone who’s already reached the next level and has the resources and tools to pass along to you, so you can do the same.
Let’s gut check this!
Take a moment and ask yourself: Am I in a stage of planting or a stage of growth/harvesting in my business and life? Do I know how to implement sustainable ‘harvesting’ techniques to help me grow?
We’ll get back to your gut feelings at the end of this post to see what your gut is telling you.
You’re pivoting in your business
Usually, when you’re pivoting in your business there are a few things that could be changing:
- Your brand message (ie: your mission statement)
- Your services offerings, products, or packages
- Your ideal clients
- Your prices, payment plants, etc.
And with all those things changing, it can get hectic. If you find yourself pivoting in your business, we think this is a great time to invest in a mastermind group. Having a close network of other business owners who understand what you’re going through and can relate, to share their own experiences and ideas can help make your business pivot less stressful and more manageable.
Having a business or marketing mentor who has experience and is trained in brand messaging and business foundations is also a huge plus because they can give you their perspective, tools and resources they’ve used, and the support to make the pivot as painless as possible.
So, let’s gut check!
Ask yourself: Are you happy and aligned with your current brand message and purpose? Do you feel your services, products, or packages align with your ideal clients and where you want your business to go?
Take note of those answers and we’ll check back in a bit.
You want someone to guide you & some accountability
We’ve worked with business owners from all over the world in English, Spanish, and Spanglish helping them with their brand message and content marketing strategy – and sometimes… you just need some guidance and accountability to get the
damn thing done. We get it because we’ve been there, too!
If you’re like us, and like our clients, you have a lot going on. From client work, business (and life) admin, to just living your life – sometimes setting aside time to work ON the business is pushed back.
Being part of a mastermind can help you prioritize the parts of your business that need tending to most. Activities like:
- Revenue generation (ie: sales, sales calls, pitching, etc.)
- Visibility strategies (putting yourself out there & growing your community)
- And matching your business values to your life values, so you’re living your LIFE first and business comes second
The accountability between mastermind members and coaches/mentors can be the catalyst to help you GET 👏 SHIT 👏 DONE. Instead of overthinking, being in your head, or letting perfectionism stop you. The encouragement we’ve seen within mastermind members is the ‘tough love’ push that helps people stay on track and taking action.
Ok, time to gut check!
Ask yourself: What is stopping you from taking action and going after your goals? Is it time, money, priorities, accountability, fear, or something else? Is it because you’re tired and need rest? What is the root of the problem? Can it be helped by having a support group and accountability partner that can give you tools and resources to get you to the next stage?
Keep track of that answer and we’re almost ready for this gut check?
You’re ready to make accelerated changes
Similar to the first point we made, you recognize that you are:
- Stuck and/or stagnant with your growth, and you want to change that
- Looking for changes in your business and how you connect with your clients
- Ready to take responsibility for your results and eager to put in the work
- Excited to see where your business goes in the next 6-12 months
If any of those are thoughts that have crossed your mind, then this could be a sign that you’re ready to invest in a marketing mastermind group.
In paid mastermind groups, we’ve seen that our clients can see accelerated changes in their mindset, personal life, and professional life. Those results always vary, but some have looked like:
- Increased visibility online in multiple communities and starting their own
- Having the base and foundation to feel confident to QUIT their jobs and pursue their business full-time
- Collaborate with other business owners to grow their reach and bring in other sources of revenue
- Set-up their business foundations, systems, and processes and start on-boarding their dream clients
Accelerated changes can be different for everyone, depending on their journey and their experience. What could accelerated change look like in your business?
An example of what a past Use Your Voice Mastermind client shared with us was:
So let’s gut check, real quick!
Ask yourself: Are you ready and willing to put in the work it takes to reach the next level and make a change? Are you ready and willing to shift your mindset and tackle all the hard questions?
Let’s review those gut checks we just did!
GUT CHECK: When should you invest in a marketing mastermind group?
Throughout this post, we’ve asked you to gut check on if investing in a mastermind is the right choice for you.
Yes, there are lots of strategies that could be involved in choosing a mastermind, looking for a coach that has had some amazing client results, and all the like – but we want to check in with you first because you’re the CEO of your business after all.
Below is a recap of all the questions we asked you, for a gut check. Be honest with yourself if you said YES or NO.
Gut check questions:
- Am I in a stage of planting or a stage of growth/harvesting in my business and life? Do I know how to implement sustainable ‘harvesting’ techniques to help me grow?
- Are you happy and aligned with your current brand message and purpose? Do you feel your services, products, or packages align with your ideal clients and where you want your business to go?
- What is stopping you from taking action and going after your goals? Is it time, money, priorities, accountability, fear, or something else? Is it because you’re tired and need rest? What is the root of the problem? Can it be helped by having a support group and accountability partner that can give you tools and resources to get you to the next stage?
- Are you ready and willing to put in the work it takes to reach the next level and make a change? Are you ready and willing to shift your mindset and tackle all the hard questions?
If your gut answered YES to most of those questions, then this could be the right moment to invest in a marketing mastermind group.
So, how much does one cost?
How much is a marketing mastermind?
Mastermind groups can vary in different factors:
- Length of the mastermind
- Online components and live calls
To give you an example, our Use Your Voice Mastermind is a 4-month long mastermind program, with a mix of 1:1 coaching, group sessions, and integration calls.
We include core content and video modules for our masterminders to watch and go through, during their time with us.
Other masterminds are strictly with video modules and a set curriculum, with live calls that give members time to discuss their questions and ask for support. The average cost we’ve seen for masterminds can range anywhere from $1000-10,000 depending on who is leading it and the amount of support you receive.
Investing in a Mastermind Group
We believe being in a mastermind can truly help you make the shifts and changes you’d like to see in your business and brand – especially with the right support and mentoring!
We host our own mastermind, Use Your Voice, for mission-driven service-based business owners who want the branding and marketing foundation to increase their income, impact, and influence!
CHECK IT OUT HERE: Use Your Voice Mastermind
Have you been part of a mastermind? Did the gut check exercise help? We’d love to hear your experience in the comments below!
*Want support to pivot your brand message and hand off your writing to us? We can help with that! Take a look at our Website Copywriting Services to help you pivot your brand message and gain clarity on your fierce factor (aka USP).
Enjoyed this post? You might like these, too:
How to Make Smart Investments for Business Growth
Shift Your Imposter Syndrome to Confidence with 3 Mindset Hacks for Small Business Owners
Business & Marketing Lessons for Small Business Owners
How to Grow Your Business with an Online Editorial Calendar